Anything that you do repetitively on the keyboard or even a sequence that requires just a few steps
could be performed with a macro to save you time. The possibilities are limitless. Read
how others are using Macro Express or look through the following list of potential uses.
- Want to Insert Today's Date into any document? How about yesterday's or tomorrow's date? Not a problem. Assign a date (today's, a week ago, etc.) available in dozens of formats to a macro.
- Would you like to automate your email responses? Create macros for standard greetings, E-Mail taglines, price quotes, customer support and so much more!
- Do you like Contests on the Web? Easily create a macro to fill out the form of your favorite contest and then have it press the submit button for you! Use a wizard to help you.
- Do you find yourself typing the same thing over and over? Create macros for your most commonly used text--names, addresses, web sites, letterhead, boilerplate for legal, medical, real estate and more.
- Launch Web Sites or initiate FTP transfers with the touch of a key! Download the latest version of a file.
- Launch a program with a macro. Or have the macro launch 4 programs at once. Or launch a program and start issuing commands directly to the program.
- AutoCad users will fall in love with Macro Express! Use 2 lettered ShortKeys to execute all your macros!
- Want to copy and paste multiple times between 2 programs? Macro Express can handle the job.
- Set up hot keys or functions keys to perform common functions in your programs
- Want to place symbols and special characters such as ® £ ¢ in your documents with ease? Assign them to a macro.
- Want to place international characters and punctuation such as á ü ñ Ö ¿ into your documents with ease? Assign them to a macro.
- Would you like to do an email run, a backup or run any other program unattended? Schedule a macro to run your programs when you want them run.
- Would you like to shut down a given program (or sets of programs) with just one key? Macro Express can shut down programs or close a given window.
- Want to minimize or maximize the top most Window? Do so with just the press of a key. Or setup a macro to minimize or maximize any specific window.
- Need an easy way to clean up unwanted files? Macro Express macros can delete, copy and rename files.
- Do you need to repeat a process and save out a file with a different name each time? Program a macro to repeat your process as many times as you like. Include a "repeat counter" which can be used to create a unique file name.
- Do you have a need to resize or reposition windows on your computer? With a touch of a key, any number of Windows can be resized and positioned on the screen.
- Would you like to connect to a network drive by hitting a key? You can disconnect or toggle between connection and disconnection too. Avoid the Network Neighborhood.
- Would you like to select a default printer with a keystroke? Switch between color and non color printers or maintain printer preferences among multiple users.
- Would you like to change the display resolution with one key? Maintain multiple settings for laptop and desktop or check out your HTML in all resolutions.
- Hang up or dial-up your network connection by pressing a key.
- Adjust volume or mute the volume of your speakers when a phone call comes in. Do it with the touch of a key! Change balance, treble, bass and more.
- Pause your Audio CD to answer the phone. Tell your Audio CD to play, replay a favorite song, etc.
- Cascade, Tile or Minimize the Desktop with one key.
- Undock your computer from a docking station by pressing a hot key.
- Do you need to go directly to your startup folder? How about the Desktop, Fonts, My Computer, Network Neighborhood, Printers, User Documents or many other folders? A hot key can take you right there!
- Do you like to maintain multiple wallpapers? Use a hot key to place your favorite images as the wallpaper. Stretch, tile or position the image.
- Would you like to reboot or logoff with the touch of a key?
- Create macros as reminders to popup messages at the time intervals you desire.
- While browsing the web, copy something to the clipboard and with the press of a hot key send it via e-mail to a friend or a whole group of associates.
- Would you like to process the entire or partial contents of an ASCII Delimited Text File?
- Would you like to launch Control Panel Applets with the touch of a key? And also have control panel selections made for you?